Bryan Ventura is here for our first roundtable; Bryan is a lawyer specializing in blockchain and Web3. Today we're covering two main topics:
- Tornado cash - what is it and why was it sanctioned - and the downstream effects of platform level censorship along with freedom of expression and how open source code fits in.
- Then we dive into Eth2.0 (I still call it that) - The Merge - we talk about some of the history of proof of work transitioning to proof of stake ethereum and what people are expecting afterwards.
- We wrap up with a shoutout to Roger Ver and Zuckerberg's metaverse.
00:57 Tornado cash intro
06:27 OFAC & US regulatory influence
09:27 Circle censoring USDC tx
13:30 Multiple identities & dusting accounts
17:08 freedom of speech
23:51 Dutch jailed the founder
25:57 contributing to open source
27:18 FATF virtual asset guidance
32:56 is code speech
38:26 Eth2.0, the merge & the history of PoW
45:46 merge performance & fees
55:37 deflationary distribution of ETH
59:15 Roger Ver
Some notes from the show:
- What is Tornado Cash
- Roman Semenov
- Chainalysis report & Lazarus North Korean hacking group
- Bernstein v. Department of Justice
- Developer jailed for 90 days
- Stable Diffusion
- pgp privacy
- Github's co-pilot
- Ethereum difficulty bomb
- Otherside land mint fees
- Ethereum nodes
- Horizon Worlds
- paper cheques
- Zuckerberg on Lex
The BCNZ Pod:
- Website https://podcast.blockchain.org.nz/
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 752817. The BCNZ podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.