Jit Maharaj is a former commercial pilot turned crypto co-founder of Pay it Now, a payments network that uses a custom layer 2 built on the Binance smart chain (now BNB) that makes it easy for merchants and businesses to accept cryptocurrency payments. Jit is also a long time web developer, an Ethereum miner, and a Solana critic.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Payments networks and providers,
- Building on the Binance smart chain
- Customer rewards programs and creating a token
- Regulation in the crypto space in New Zealand
- $20k bitcoin, and being a pilot.
- 00:00 intro
- 01:18 what is PayItNow?
- 03:25 fixing gas fees
- 09:56 what's a layer 2?
- 13:33 how does a merchant onboard?
- 18:00 on bridging tokens
- 19:53 why token? (&safemoon)
- 25:18 competition with bitpay/stripe/shopify/solana
- 30:33 regulation in NZ crypto
- 35:28 $20k bitcoin? and market activity
- 40:05 cofounder story flying 737s
- 44:45 BCNZ in the industry
- 45:36 rapid fire
- 49:31 fin
Some notes from the show:
- Pay it Now
- BNB Smart Chain
- Matic & Polygon
- Solend debacle
- Harmony bridge hack
- Indian crypto regulation
- USDD lost its peg similar to UST
- the last bitcoin
- Hal Finney (the GOAT)
The BCNZ Pod:
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 742914. The BCNZ Podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.